Nettle Meadows and Into the Woods Farm | Upstate NY Hidden Gems

On this blog I like to highlight fun family-friendly destinations and hidden gems. I wanted to point out two of my favorite farms north of the capital region of upstate New York. My husband and I took a few weekend excursions during the 2020 COVID pandemic to getaway from our hectic work schedules. We discovered Nettle Meadows and Into the Woods Farm tucked away in the Adirondacks and rural countryside. We love to support small family-owned businesses. 

Nettle Meadows is an animal sanctuary farm located in Lake Luzerne, New York with adorable rescue animals. Their farm had goats, llamas, rams, sheep, donkeys and chickens. I regret that I didn't take enough photos and videos of the animals. I did manage to get some photos of the gorgeous barn they were renovating for special events. The highlight of the day was meeting their rescue llama with a huge personality. 

We visited Into the Woods Farm in Middle Grove, New York, for their goat yoga with adorable Pygmy goats. We had so much fun at the event that we didn't take that many photos, but I did manage to get a cute video of the goats in their barn. 

Nettle Meadows Farm and Animal Sanctuary, Lake Luzerne, NY





Rescue Llama at Nettle Meadows with a Big Personality 



Into the Woods Farm, Middle Grove, NY 




Comments

Popular Posts