Thanksgiving at Home | November 2022

Last Thanksgiving (2022), my husband and I opted not to travel and planned a small romantic dinner at home. It was our first ever Thanksgiving as just the two of us and our first holiday together as a married couple. I was very excited and relieved we didn't have to do any out of state travel, however it was my first challenge of a holiday by myself doing all of the preparation. In order to make our tiny apartment look more festive, I rushed to TJ Maxx and found a cute flannel Ralph Lauren table cloth, decorative bowls, a poinsettia printed apron and got to work! 

For dessert, we did a small strawberry swirled cheesecake with fresh strawberries. I went down the road to Hershey's Chocolate World and picked up some Hershey's kisses with hazelnuts. My husband requested a small tray of lasagna. Since it was just the two of us, we opted for a smaller 11 lb turkey with potatoes and carrots, stuffing with gravy (there was plenty  leftover). I used my husband's favorite bourbon, Woodford Reserve, as a decorative table prop because I love the bottle design. 

Last but not least, my husband saved the day with his amazing charcuterie board making skills. Thanksgiving was a lot of fun and I am already looking forward to 2023.

Woodford Reserve Bourbon, Cheesecake

Thanksgiving Turkey

Hershey's Kisses

Charcuterie Board Ideas

Comments

Popular Posts